Calhoun County Schools Feeding Needs
Anniston City Schools- Needs Volunteers
- 5 volunteers needed tomorrow, 3/25/20 at 11:00 at Constantine Boys and Girls Club to distribute food for 1 hour
- Beginning the week of March 30 at 9am 10 volunteers are needed at each site to put the already prepared food into brown bags and pass out to the students. There are 8 sites in the city of Anniston being utilized each site listed below:
- 9am Carver Community Center
- 10am Norwood Boys and Girls Club
- 11am Parkwin Homes
- 12pm Wiggins Community Center
- 9am Hodges Community Center
- 10am South Highland Community Center
- 11am Constantine Boys & Girls Club
- 12pm Glen Addie (Anniston Housing Authority)
Point of contact is Tonya Felton 256-600-4949 Feltont@anniston.k12.al.us
Jacksonville City Schools- Sign-Up to Receive Food
Here is the link for any children in the Jacksonville area to sign up for food distribution on March 30. Parents drive through at JHS to get the food.
Oxford City Schools- Needs Food Donations
Drive thru drop off at the front of Oxford High School on the following dates/times: Wednesday, March 25 8:00 am – 3:00 pm Monday, March 30 8:00 am – 3:00 pm Wednesday, April 1 8:00 am – 3:00 pm Point of contact-Clint McCall firstname.lastname@example.org Oxford High School 1 Yellow Jacket Dr. Oxford, AL 36203 (See bottom of page for list of suggested items)
Suggestions for Donations-
***No food can contain any peanut products. There are students in these schools with a lethal peanut allergy. Individually packaged items:
Protein Foods- canned soup, ravioli, Spaghetti O's, canned meats, (with pop tops if possible) Easy Mac, microwaveable meals that do not require refrigeration or need to remain frozen
Breakfast items- cereal, instant grits, oatmeal, granola bars, Pop-Tarts, etc.
Snack items-chips, cheese crackers, honey buns, cookies, etc.
Sturdy fruit- apples, oranges, bananas, tangerines, etc.
Bottled water, Capri sun, juice boxes
Boxes and or bags for food to be placed in for the distribution to students