If you have Symptoms of COVID-19.
Updated: Mar 9, 2020
To find out the symptoms that indicate the need for testing refer to the Criteria for Testing for COVID-19.
If you are experiencing fever, coughing, and shortness of breath please do the following:
- Stay home and limit your exposure to others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask (CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask, but facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of coronavirus to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.)
- Prior to going to the doctor or the hospital, please call the numbers below, so they are prepared for your arrival and can limit exposure.
For instructions prior to arrival, call:
RMC Anniston 256-235-5211
RMC Stringfellow 256-235-8955
For more general information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html