Disaster assistance information
Tips for Applying
1. Have social security #
2. Insurance policy info.
3. Bank account info.
4. Detail of damages- photos are helpful
5. Address & phone #
6. Annual income info
What to expect after Applying
Within 10 days of applying a FEMA inspector will call to ask about your disaster damage.
Within 10 days of the inspector call you should receive a decision letter.
When writing an appeal letter:
1. Must be filed in a paper letter within 60 days
2. Explain why you disagree with the decision
3. Include: full name, DOB & address
4. Include your 9 digit FEMA #
5. Include FEMA Declaration # (DR-4596-AL)
6. Include you or your co-applicant signature
7. Not willing to relocate or move
8. Application may be incomplete
9. FEMA requesting more information